As announced Asus has released its Padfone officially in Taipei. This device from Asus is expected earlier. There are no surprises for the customers because all the specs featuring are already foreseen.
The specs of this phone+tablet are:
- 2.2 GHz quad core snapdragon 800 CPU.
- 5 inch super IPS display.
- HD resolution of 1920*1080 pixels.
- Rear camera with 13 mega pixels and f/2.0 lens.
- Front camera with 2 mega pixels and f/2.0 lens.
- Internal storage of 16 GB or 32 GB.
- Secondary microphone for noise cancellation.
- Micro SD card slot.
- Runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean.
This device has notably updates in the CPU and micro SD slot features. But the internal storage is decreased to 16 or 32 GB. This device is NFC featured and will ship in Titanium Black and Platinum White colours. This Padfone also has update in OS and soon an update will be given to the older versions.
As this Padfone is two parts, a smart mobile and a tablet dock the mobile will cost $640 and the tablet dock is around $240.
Asus which is the trade name of ASUSTeK Computer Inc. is a Taiwanese multinational hardware company. It designs, manufactures and markets mobile phones, desktops, laptops, video cards, servers, LCDs, monitors etc. Asus is currently working on tablets and its EeePC line and combining with windows to produce new windows operatable tablets. Asus is the company which has manufactured Google Nexus 7. Asus has launched Republic of Gamers in 2006 especially for gamers.